Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Almost 2009

It is not 2009 yet but Happy New Year anyway. Madam and I are not going to make the midnight hour by any stretch. I'm feeling punk and she is just an early to bed type. I need some rest more than I need champagne.
In some ways it has been a good year and in some not so hot. We have a chance at redeeming some of the lost prestige of our once great nation in the coming year and that is a good thing. Many of us have taken a direct hit from Shrub and his cronies this year and some of us are yet to feel the ax and some of us are merely wounded.
So, with a couple of hours yet until the ball drops, Madam and I are tucking in and we will see you all tomorrow in 2009. There are a few bottles of proper champagne in the basement fridge if anyone is interested and some funny hats and noise makers under the "New Years tree". Have fun!

Have a great New Year!

No comments: