Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Best Meal Ever?

The latest issue of Saveur arrived yesterday and I think I have mentioned before that it is probably the only magazine I always read cover to cover. The feature this month is The 25 Greatest Meals. It is by 25 different well known people recounting in a page or so their most memorable meal. Interesting what some of them remember as a greatest meal and not at all what you might expect. Anyway, since I read the magazine last night and this morning I have been trying to sort out what I might say was my greatest or most memorable meal and I haven't been able to come up with it yet. I will, but there are a lot of memories to sort through.

What would you say was your most memorable meal? If judging by the articles in the magazine it doesn't have to be some stupendous feast but a meal that you will always remember whether it be because of location, company or actually the food or some combination of all the things that went into making it a great memory.

I'll have my choice after a few hours of quiet gardening and reflection. I have to get the branches stuck in the ground by the peas so they will have something to climb on. With all the rain it will be muddy but the cool weather and rain have caused the peas to burst forth and they need support today.

No comments: