Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Surprised

I was scheduled from 8a to 1p yesterday but instead of cashier I had to work the lot as the actual lot guy didn't show up. All the rest of the folks in the "front end" department are women so it fell to me to do the lot. Shouldn't have been too hard on a Monday morning but the "garden fever" of the weekend spilled over and I found myself really busy. Just for fun I kept track of what I loaded in my 5 hours. 172 bales of pine straw. 24 bales of wheat straw. 62 bags of "Moo-nure", 26 bags of top soil and 108 bags of assorted mulch. I was cream crackered by the end. I did, however, with Madam's help, get my 100 plus pepper plants in the ground yesterday afternoon in anticipation of the overnight rains which never came. I don't have to be at work until 3p today so I am going to try and get some more stuff planted before then.

No comments: