Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Compost and More Compost

Yesterday was compost turning day which is a weekly task around these parts. As you can see from the picture I took yesterday at the completion of my efforts, I now have two full bins of black gold. Each of those bins is a little over 3 ft. x 3 ft. x 3 ft. so that means 64 cubic feet of compost. I'm excited and I know you are too. It is almost ready to go back in the garden. The bin in the foreground still has some bits of un-composted corn stalk but that will be gone in a week or so. The center bin is now empty but there are several beds that need cleaning out as the butternut and acorn squash are finished as are the second crop of cukes and zukes. There are also some tomatoes that can be removed. Getting ready for the fall garden.

Only supposed to see a high of 88F today and 0% chance of rain so we should get caught up with most of the garden chores without dying from the heat. It's already almost 0830 and I need to get cracking.

No comments: