Sunday, November 22, 2015

The End of Camelot

If I remember correctly I was in the 9th Grade in Wilmington, NC when the news came across the loudspeakers. It was biology class, my favorite, but it and school was cancelled for the rest of the day. November 22, 1963 will always be one of those dates for my generation that will mark great moments in our lives, The moon landing, Challenger and 9/11/01 are others.

It always makes me wonder how different our lives might be today if John Kennedy were to have finished his stint as president. I am pretty sure the world would be a different and better place today. Little did I imagine that someday I would be looking back 50 odd years at this. It is very strange indeed to look back at Camelot in the light of today's presidential politics and frankly kind of embarrassing.

1 comment:

Chica Underground said...

This is a great post, thanks