Saturday, June 24, 2006

Home in Atlanta

Welcomed back with righteous thunderstorms...quite the contrast to the deserts I have been traveling in the last few days. All in all a good but short holiday and a chance to see a part of the country I have been remiss in visiting. Should have done it sooner.
The impositions of modern life are here and waiting...e-bills, e-mail, e-harassment, e-penis enlargement, e-anything.
I am woefully behind in my world picture since I have been avoiding the news(or vice versa) for a week. I detect that Bush and company are about to be punked by their handpicked team in Iraq which ought to make for some interesting backstepping and hemming and hawing on tomorrow's shows.
I was saddened to hear that Jane Hamsher of Firedoglake lost her mother last week and our love goes out to her. I haven't had time to read all the comments but the support from all the "firepups" on the sad news is impressive and moving.
I will try and catch up with the world tomorrow and add something to the discourse and maybe even a picture.
It is now time for a little sleep.

No comments: