Friday, October 27, 2006

Good Day for Soup

Updated: Added the picture of the resulting soup and cornbread. I really did make soup.

Well a rainy day here Georgia. Pretty much all my work is caught up and so I am catching up on all my backed up little projects. I installed IE 7 and Firefox 2.0 on both the desktop and the laptop.

I've also installed the latest version of Dragon Systems Naturally Speaking on the desktop and am now writing this post strictly by talking…amazing. The newest version of this voice to text program is quite impressive and so far in this document I have not had to back up and change anything that I have spoken...yet. Previous versions required you to speak slowly and very distinctly but this one is a lot more forgiving and you can speak pretty much normally and it required very minimal training(only about 30 minutes).

Madam is off on a tour with the Historical Society of Barnsley Gardens and it is a miserable day for such a journey. I think I am going to go to Whole Foods and get the ingredients for a nice pot of vegetable soup. I'm sure she will need something warm after spending all day in the damp tramping from place to place.

So, now that I've proven to myself that I can actually dictate a complete post with nothing but the microphone and no keyboard activity I will bundle myself up and head for the grocery.

When I get back from the store and get the soup started maybe I will sit down and get a little practice on the guitar in. I was thwarted yesterday afternoon when I sat down to practice and immediately broke a string (G) which is normally the string that breaks since it is the weakest of all. I didn't have any spares so after a trip to the music store I am now supplied with backups of all the strings and multiple copies of the G string.

If you guys are in the neighborhood this evening and would like a nice bowl of vegetable soup please don't hesitate to stop in. And Steve, this really is vegetarian vegetable soup since I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth or beef broth so you are safe and welcome as well.

Oh, and another cool thing about the voice to text thing is that it doesn't misspell. ( I did type this last line.)

No comments: