Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday Notes

Busy day today but a couple of notes. Don't forget that tomorrow is the Postal Carriers food drive so leave some canned or non breakable(no glass) food by your mailbox tomorrow for the post person.

Did I mention that there is a website for the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle with lots of pictures and excerpts from the book. There are also some great recipes by Camille.

Finally, I am going to try a new cooking experience as soon as my stuff arrives from the New England Cheesemaking Supply Company . I am going to add cheese making to my repertoire. I will post about my experience and results. Yes, it is all part of the experience with the above mentioned book but also something I have always wanted to do. I have made "cheese" from plain yogurt by letting it drain in cheese cloth for a day or so and it is really nice and I am pretty sure I remember my grandmother making something like cottage cheese when I was tiny. Anyhow, I am going to learn to do it if for no other reason than it sounds fun. It will also add another survival skill that may come in handy some day soon. There is even a recipe for making your own mozzarella cheese in the recipes on the above mentioned website if your interested.

Off and running for the day but we'll be back.

No comments: