Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Hoopla

Madam was up and watching the royal wedding proceedings at just after 4am this morning. I stayed in bed for a bit longer but in honor of the occasion I got up and fixed a proper English fry up for breakfast. Fried eggs, sausage, potatoes, toast and beans. Plenty of good Irish breakfast tea as well. Now I am off to sell stuff. Pretty day so I imagine we will be busy in the garden center.

I actually got some good work done in the garden yesterday even though it is still too wet to do much. All of the tomato cages are up and staked, the okra is planted as well as the sweet potatoes. One or two more good days and I will have the bulk of the spring chores done. Still have to get all the cukes and squash plants in as they are getting quite large in the greenhouse. Work the entire weekend so it won't get done until Monday.

Everyone have a great day and congratulations to the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. No one throws a wedding like the Brits. Kate is a fine looking young lady and looked very regal. Since they have been a pair for some 10 years I give this match a good chance of lasting for a long time. Now they just need to skip old Charles and make William king.

No comments: