Thursday, October 04, 2012

Unprocessed Challenge

I don't know how many of you took the challenge to eat only unprocessed food during the month of October but if you did then I would like to hear from you. So far I am sticking with it though I must admit that it is not too far off my normal diet. Seems like I am getting more that my fair share of evening shifts lately so cooking has been rather constrained as a result. I've actually only cooked one evening meal this week and that was rather simple, Chopped sirloin from White Oak Pastures(grass fed, local), cottage fries(with homegrown potatoes), and homegrown butter peas(frozen earlier in the year). Basic victuals or rough grub as my late father would have said.

If you didn't take the challenge consider picking up on it now...a great time of year to try homemade soups and slow roasted or braised things. Also remember that going unprocessed, beside being good for you, is a way to eat good food cheaply. Yes, it does take a bit of time to prepare but the results are worth it and we're not talking all day here.

No comments: