Saturday, April 23, 2005

WAP Only

Well the WiFi in the hotel has gone away so I am reduced to finally getting around to trying to blog from the Blackberry. The plans for the weekend have thus gone south. Off and on rain have even put wandering aimlessly out. I've taken pictures of everything at least twice anyway.I did go out and have the obligatory baguette avec jambon et grueyere.
If you ever get the chance to visit Lyon and you like food you will enjoy yourself immensely. Try to stay in the old city section Vieux Lyon and you will have literaly hundreds of good places within a 10 minute walk. Lyon is considered by many to have the best food in France which I can't argue with.
You do have to be a little careful with literal translations though. One of notes on the menu the other night noted that the salad Lyonaisse was available with "donkey snouts" in season. I haven't figured out what that really is yet but I am sure it is quite tasty.
I did go out and walk the open air food market that appears along the Sohne on Saturday. For a food lover like me it like a dream. Ultra fresh fruit, vegetables, poultry, meat, local cheeses and, of course bread. Did I mention the fresh flowers, fish. People shopping up a storm. Very french. Ok now let's are if I can post this little test.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Mascarpone Cheese Recipes Mascarpone Cheese
. You can check it out at Mascarpone Cheese Recipes Mascarpone Cheese



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder