Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Smaller

I'm a big guy...always have been. I come from a family of big guys. Since I started my part time job(which somehow manages to be 40+ hours a week) I have lost 20+ pounds and while I am still a big guy I had to break down today and go buy some shorts that would fit. Six foot two and 245 I have a bit of a gut so I am now fitting nicely into size 46. Yeah, it is still tubby but an improvement. Madam made me go through my closet today and get rid of anything that doesn't fit and I made a major dent. Lots of 52 belts and 50 pants will find their way to the charity tomorrow.

I did have the day off today but I am scheduled for the next 7 days straight and most if not all are in outside garden...which is hard work. I'll survive but it will be a challenge.It still surprises me how much money the folks are spending on their landscaping. While some includes veges and herbs most in not edible,.

Good work in the garden today. Everything watered,even though we are now getting the forecast rain. Some weeding and tying up of peppers and tomatoes. I really need to take a picture as it actually looks pretty good considering the lack of time I have to work in it. Props to Madam for all her help.

Well it is 9pm and bed time as I have to be up at 5am. As usual I only made a small dent in the "tubes" and all those messages hanging fire will just have to wait. Spring will be over soon and I will be back to 24 or 32 hours a week and I can give this place a little attention.

No comments: