Thursday, January 23, 2014

Still Sucking Wind

I'm still here but struggling with the post op pain and swelling. About all I can accomplish is sit up in bed and watch TV and sleep with the occasional few pages on my Nexus. I was surely fooled by previous experience with hernia surgery and while I new this was going to be worse than the arthroscopic version I wasn't prepared for just how bad it would be. No one warned my about the swelling....my you know what swelled to the size of grapefruit and turned dark purple and is still quite swollen and painful. The "litttle buddy" just about disappeared in all the swelling and is still bruised. While a lot of that pain is reduced the area under and around the incision is now the star of the show and only by lying very still is it even bearable and yes I have drugs. SO anyway I am slowly recovering but it is a slog and I don't even want to know how many hours of bad cooking shows I've watched along with American Pickers and Pawn Stars. I'm sure my IQ is down a few points. Here is hoping the weekend brings a revolutionary change and I can get back to life next week. I don't do slug very well.

1 comment:

Steve Bates said...

Wow... I went away for a few days, Fallenmonk, and came back to find you in post-surgical pain! I do hope your med's help; I know that's no fun even with the assistance of drugs. Here's hoping for a quick recovery!