Friday, January 31, 2014

Winter Rescue

My first venture out in two weeks was a rescue. Madam's Explorer died/wouldn't start last night while she was out at the Cultural Arts Center and AAA had a 6 hour wait before they could respond. I refused to go out at 11 last night so I had to go give a boost this morning. I then took her to Pep Boys and got her a new battery and she is off and running again. Not too bad but I am glad to be back home and in my sweats. The roads are pretty clear with only some black ice and stuff on the secondary roads. Still quite a bit of snow on the ground though but we should get some good warming today and get rid of it.

Going to finish up all my seed (or most) of seed orders this morning and just wait for spring. I've got a huge amount of work to do before I can seriously garden as this lost January has really put me behind schedule. I'm hoping the Doc will give me the go ahead to return to normal next Wednesday and, weather permitting, I will get to work. Until I get the clearance to lift more than 20 pounds I am not much good when it comes to building garden beds and moving dirt.

It's not much but I did get my taxes done and filed electronically and there is nice refund coming from the Feds. All of the out of pocket medical expenses made a big difference. The big deductible and recent surgery should do the same for me next year I hope.

Finished with winter now.

No comments: