Friday, December 29, 2006

Looking for Balance

From CNN
Saddam Hussein will be hanged before dawn on Saturday in Iraq, before 6 a.m. (10 p.m. Friday ET), according to Appeals Judge Munir Haddad. Iraqi TV stations and Reuters news agency are reporting a similar timeframe. The former president was convicted of crimes against humanity in connection with the killings of 148 people in Dujail.
Seems to me that someone who has caused the unnecessary deaths of 2,992 Americans should face some kind of retribution. I am just saying that if Saddam can swing for 148 of his countrymen then somebody ought to be tried and possibly face the music for wasting nearly 3000 Americans. Just saying.

Let me just say here that I am against capital punishment regardless of the crime or circumstances but I really don't feel that there is a balance in the force here. Specifically, I don't think Saddam should be hanged as it is too good for him and he should live the rest of his days pondering his actions and life.

If the American media do not compare and contrast the brutal regime of Saddam to the ignominious regime of GWB then they are whores. Saddam will probably die for his actions. I am just looking for some balance here folks.

No comments: