Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Off to Be the Wizard

Another day where I have to go into the office. Doing some pretty intense data analysis for the next couple of days. I am trying to convince one of our largest clients that my application will produce a better forecast and recommend stocking a better set of service parts than his homegrown system. I don't know the exact number but we have been perfecting our algorithms for 6 years and probably have a couple of hundred thousand man-hours of development and testing in ours. They are being used by the biggest companies in the world very successfully and I still have to spend a couple of weeks proving their worth to this client who freely admits that he is failing to do a good job with his methods. I guess that is some kind of job security.
So anyway, going off to play the wizard again today so not much activity here until early evening. Off to fight the Oracle dragon!

No comments: