Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring is Flying By

I missed a lot of spring whilst gallivanting around the UK over the past weeks and now I am in the famous 'crunch'. I have to start a new engagement in North Carolina on Monday. Since it is in Asheville I will have to drive since flying takes as much time and is horribly expensive for such a short trip. I have to prep which means a lot of reading and conference calls so this week is being sucked up by that.
The really important stuff is that I have to get my little vegetable garden prepped and and planted before I miss anymore of this weather and get too far behind the curve. I figure I am about 20 days behind.
I am telling you all this so I can justify not posting more but to tell the truth there is not much going on that I want to post about. I am just going to wait until the HRC and Obama pie fight is over before I get excited about politics and the Iraq mess is going to hell fine without my help. I may be suffering from post vacation something but I can tell you I am sorely missing the quiet solitude of the English country side and all that surrounds it. I can't tell you how many times I felt a little pang as I went by another little cottage with a for sale sign on it. I even stopped in front of the window of an estate agent in Bakewell and perused the offerings for a while. If the dollar wasn't so down right now it would be very tempting but with prices still unusually high for housing in the UK (even tiny little country cottages are on the block for 150,000 pounds) it would set me back a million bucks(if I had it) for a comfortable little house even in the middle of country.
Oh well, heavy gardening this weekend and off to the hills of NC next week and for an unknown number of weeks. I'll be around but not in abundance until some evening downtime in the hotel next week.

No comments: