Saturday, October 17, 2009

Missed Fall

Somehow fall bypassed us this year. It was 45F this morning in Atlanta and the forecast says it might reach 50 today. Tonight we have a forecast of 32F. That's about 20 degrees below the average for this time of year. We shouldn't have these temperatures until late November or early December. Doesn't bode well for the winter garden. I haven't checked this morning but my peas still weren't peeking through yesterday and it wasn't for lack of rain!

Tomorrow is Madam's birthday so I am making her favorite today...creme caramel. She became addicted when she was with her parents in Greece as a girl. When they first arrived they lived for awhile in the Pentelican Hotel in Athens and evidently every night they ate in the hotel dining room she had lamb chops and a creme caramel for pudding. I offered lamb chops as well but she declined so I don't know what else will be for her birthday dinner.

Gray and cold so not much going on outside today so we'll just muck about around here. I'll make the creme caramel and get a batch of bread going but that's about it. I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you are having your first attack of old man winter, like we are, then stay warm.

Edited for spelling...Madam caught my 'peaking' instead of 'peeking' (That's why she is the book proofreader/editor and not me)

No comments: