Monday, October 19, 2009

One More Thing

I should have added to the previous post that there is nothing for sale in the grocery prepared food/frozen entree/salted snack section that you can't make yourself and make it better and cheaper and just to prove it I will be posting some recipes/methods in the future to show you how to do it. Granted some are not quite as easy as throwing a bag of microwave popcorn in the machine or sliding a frozen pizza into the oven but all are easily mastered.

If you have something that you buy prepared but would like to know how to make on your own if for no other reason than the satisfaction of at least trying it then let me know. One think I don't typically do is deep fry things but it is not that I can't( and yes I have a deep fat fryer) but good oil such as peanut or canola is expensive in the quantities needed for such cooking and deep fried foods aren't especially healthy. I will admit that I love good french fries or a well done onion ring and even the occasional piece of fried chicken...I just don't cook them as a rule. There are exceptions such as fried green tomatoes and hush puppies which are shallow cooked.

So if you want to know how to make your favorite snack or frozen entree at home and from scratch just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate. I do not supply plastic containers or cardboard boxes or other land fill but other than that I am game to give it a try. Feel free to try an stump me.

No comments: