Saturday, June 01, 2013

I Got Rescued

Whew! That was close! I was only two days away from being forcibly removed from this plane of existence when my forever parents came to the rescue yesterday. My pound name is Betty but I'm not sure that will stay my name, we'll have to see. I might be 6 years old and weigh about 20 pounds...kind of on the small side for a beagle. I am very smart and friendly and I think I am going to like it here. Huge fenced back yard and I've already spent a couple of hours chasing voles, chipmunks and squirrels in the back and I even chased off a stray cat that was lurking in the bushes waiting for breakfast. Those are my critters now cat.
I've got a new bed and some toys and I already know where the treats are kept....Yep it's looking up.

Note from FM: Yes, a friend found this young lady and fostered her out of the pound but her already dog didn't take to company and we now have a new buddy. We've been resisting the urge to get another dog and have been canine free for years and years since Calamity Jane and Watts our previous beagles left us. Betty was just too cute to pass up and so now we are beagle people again.

2 comments:

karmanot said...

Beautiful Betty Beagle!

Mauigirl said...

Congratulations!