Sunday, June 23, 2013

White Trash

First, let me say that I cannot believe the Paula Deen thing is getting as much play as it is. Who in the world is surprised that a 60+ year old white woman from South Georgia has some racist baggage? She may be worth millions today but she is basically what is called white trash here in the South and I can say that because I come from the same place. My late mother could have filled in for Paula without missing a step. Everything from the heart stopping recipes and bad mouth and thinly veiled racism.

I'm not defending her and it is probably in the best interest of the Food Network to distance itself from her but it will piss off her dedicated supporters who actually don't see much wrong in it all. They, like my mother, are cut from the same cloth.

No comments: