Monday, July 17, 2006

Texas Bound

Gotta go to Austin, Tx this afternoon (actually Round Rock) for a couple of days. Just checked the weather and it is forecast to be 102F. Right now they are reporting the humidity at 77% which means the 102 will feel a lot warmer. Atlanta only supposed to get to 93F today and the humidity is a little lower at 66%. Just a couple of days of discussions on some extension of our work into Latin America from what we are already doing in the U.S. and Canada.

Good thing about Round Rock is that there is a very good Texas BBQ place almost next to the hotel which will be the destination for tonight. The place is called Rudy's and while it is not the absolute best to be had in the Austin area it is very good and will suffice to allow me to satisfy my periodic desire for some good smoked brisket. Since I spent my formative years in eastern North Carolina I have very fixed ideas about BBQ and while I love good Texas BBQ I am still a whole hog with a vinegar based sauce guy. If you spend anytime in Austin there is a place called the Salt Lick which is probably the best in the area but it is too far from Round Rock for this trip (about 50 miles). I have driven further for good BBQ(as in hundreds of miles) but I'll settle for Rudy's this trip.

I'll check in after the BBQ tonight. I won't comment on the disaster expanding in the middle east, both in Iraq and Lebanon other than to say that, with respect to Israel and Lebanon and Palestine, this is just the next phase in the battle that was started at the end of WWII when the Allies decided to give Israel someone else's land in compensation for the holacaust. This may be the final episode or just another war in which the civilians get the short end of the stick. We'll see. Regardless, it is a tragedy.
As to Iraq...what can you say but "stupid is as stupid does".

No comments: