Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Meander



Rainy and otherwise stormy here in Atlanta today. It is a good thing I believed the forecast and got all my outdoor work done yesterday before the rains came. It was also my first full day in the sun this year and I am officially a 'redneck' today.

Tomatoes all planted...two Better Boy, two Rutgers(heirloom), one yellow pear(heirloom), two Roma, and two Sweet 100 and in pots on the deck two Patio. Red and Green bell peppers (two each), and one Jalapeno. Sweet Basil (4) and Italian parsley(3), and four Capitaine lettuce. That pretty much fills up the little bed and I have room left for two Japanese eggplant which will go in next weekend.

Shrub's idiot check showed up in the bank yesterday. I am going to stimulate my savings account with it instead of the economy. I wonder how many others will just sock it away or pay down a credit card instead of spending it on groceries or gas?

I have a deep rooted feeling that I should be tilling up the big garden and getting more food in the ground. I think the genes I got from my grandparents that were tempered in the depression are somehow hearing the call for growing and putting by some serious victuals. If I wasn't going to be gone every week for the next 6 - 8 weeks or even longer I think I would be out there tilling up at least part of that 10,000 square feet. Put in some white potatoes and sweet potatoes, pole beans, yellow squash and cucumbers at the minimum and maybe some butter peas and more tomatoes. Never have too many tomatoes. Probably going to be sorry.

Off to get myself sorted for hitting the road tomorrow. Thought I would share another picture from the trip. Here is a guy(or gal) I met at Lizard, the southern most point in England.

No comments: