Thursday, April 01, 2010

Obviously A Year Older

I spent the day yesterday in Gainesville tilling up Mini Monk's lawn. It took about 6 hours plus the 1 hour commute each way. I came home and had a bowl of soup and a couple of glasses of wine and went to bed. I was thoroughly bushed. I don't remember being that tired in a long time...must be something to do with being 60. I still have to till my garden this weekend and I hope I didn't use all my spit yesterday. I'll take today off and maybe I will back to full fiddle tomorrow. This is the first extended dry spell we have had in weeks and weeks I really have to get all the tilling done before the rain comes back next week. I've got a lot of seedlings that need to be in the ground right now and it will be time to put in the tomatoes and peppers in two weeks. Of course, all the rest of the garden needs to be planted over the next couple of weeks as well.

No comments: