Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Snow Surprise

A dusting of snow this morning that wasn't in the forecast for the Atlanta area. The Georgia mountains were supposed to get a couple of inches but not around here. Now the 35-40 mph winds have moved in but at least the sun is appearing.
I was out and about early to the dentist for my 6 month checkup and cleaning and got and attaboy. Now if I can just get the report on last week's hemoglobin A1C and Lipids blood tests I will be through with preventative maintenance for a while.
One or two more trays of veges to get planted today and I will be ready for the someday when the garden will finally be dry enough to till. All the tomatoes and peppers are done as well as a few herbs and the marigolds I use for pest protection. Started a new heirloom variety of eggplant yesterday as well called Diamond which got good reviews from the Seed Savers so we'll see. Last year's eggplant were very disappointing.
Moved the new seedlings of shallots and leeks to the greenhouse yesterday so they will start to harden off and be ready when I can plant.
Getting later and later for planting the spring peas but we'll just have to be patient.
I hope everyone is surviving the "lion" part of March.

No comments: