Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Too Complicated

I would post something about the latest plan to save the world of finance but I don't understand it and so I will pretend to be a Republican and complain about Obama chuckling too much on 60 Minutes.
Then again I could pretend to be the GOP Idiot from Minnesota Michele Bachmann and just threaten armed rebellion, which by the way is kind of dicey for someone in her position. I know she probably hasn't read it but there is the 14th Amendment to the Constitution which, I think, might apply:
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Just Saying...

Anyhow...it is kind of quiet around the blog. It's Spring and the garden is demanding lots of attention and is in direct conflict with my multi-pronged campaign to find gainful employment. I am doing the traditional reactive thing of scanning the thousands of posted jobs on many, many job sites and getting daily emails based on stored search criteria. Most of this are for jobs in my area of expertise. I launch resumes and coverletters to the ones that match my impressive skills and wait, and wait for a response other than "Thanks for the resume...we'll get back to you."
The other prong is proactive and is taking even more time. This is an effort to transition into natural and organic food industry. This means building a network, finding and talking to people in the industry and figuring out how my skills and experience might benefit them. Not easy and I am really starting from scratch. Anyhow, lots of research, lots of letter writing, lots of phone calls looking for contacts and information about the industry.

More than you needed to know, but that is why you are not seeing much activity around here. I am thinking of working nights on the job hunt stuff and days in the garden but I just haven't figured out where I can fit in sleep.

No comments: