Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Second Milestone - Birthday Project

OK. We have completed the foundation for the birthday project. Much manual labor including moving and spreading the ton of pea gravel. All ready for construction. Looks pretty good so far but Madam has decided the wall needs to be lengthened by couple of stones. The left is OK but she isn't happy with the right side. The project arrived on Monday evening and most of the parts are sorted and ready to begin assembly. We'll get started in the morning but I am pretty sure it will be a two day job. Tomorrow is shopping day(senior's discount don't you know) and I have a dental check up on Thursday which will shoot the morning. Everything is level and square so we are ready to go. Once I see how everything lines up I will do the final step of securing the foundation to the ground with some two foot stakes. In this hard clay that will do the job and I don't think there is a need to do cement. The next picture will be of the completed structure. I know you just can't wait.

No comments: