Thursday, March 30, 2006

Whining for Fun

This is stupid whining but I am really cranked at the hotel. They make a big deal of the free internet and that's fine. They don't tell you about the hassle factor.

Check in Tuesday and get to the room. Plug in the laptop and launch the browser. Internet provider screen shows up asking for a voucher code for free access. I call the reception and the nice young lady gives me a number that will give me access for the next 24 hours.
Wednesday I stumble into my room and again call for the access numbers. Not allowed to give it over the phone they say. Have to come to the desk. Ok I get redressed and go down for it. This may seem trivial but this is either the tallest or close to the tallest hotel in Europe. The guest rooms don't start until the 33rd floor and I am on the 38th with one additional floor above so it is a trek to get back to reception. I am here for two weeks looks like they would figure out how to grant access for the duration. A real pain.

No comments: