Wednesday, May 03, 2006

New Toy

I have spent all afternoon getting the new desktop up and running. Mostly transferring email and Quicken and music and all that. The old computer was rapidly dying so I bit the bullet and ordered a new one. Amazingly cheap when you compare features and horsepower with the one it is replacing which is about 5 or 6 years old. The old and new ones are Dell. I owe them since they are such a major client but that said I haven't had the first problem with the old one it is just old and slow and not ready for what I am asking it to do. Madam will inherit it to do her word processing and stuff on. The new one is an XPS 400 and so far so good. The flat screen is nice and bright and the 1 gig of memory makes XP much more friendly. I haven't tried any of the multi media features yet like DVD burning and all that but the included sub woofer sure makes a difference in the sound quality. I am a little disappointed that it still won't correct my typos. When I look back and remember my first computer it is rather amazing what has transpired in the last 25 years or so.

No comments: