Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Next Target - Bald Eagles

A little later tee time today so I am getting a chance to cruise a bit. Nearly the first thing I stumble on is this bit of insanity.

The Fish and Wildlife Service is expected to drop the U.S. national bird from the federal list of threatened and endangered species in June.

Environmentalists and scientists widely support the move because of the species' success since a 1972 ban on the pesticide DDT and since it was protected by the Endangered Species Act in 1978.

Still, many eagle experts are worried, warning that the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act, the law that will protect bald eagles after delisting, does not adequately shield the nesting trees and feeding perches eagles depend on.
What I want to know is who exactly are the "environmentalists and scientists" who are supporting this because Reuters conveniently neglected to mention them by name in the article? Why so you suppose these so called "environmentalists and scientists" aren't mentioned? I wish I had time to figure out which bunch of GOP businesses were set to make money off this. I am beginning to think that the goal of the Bush administration is to destroy everything before they leave office. Seriously, can someone explain to me why we need to remove these birds from the list?

No comments: