Thursday, June 04, 2009

David Carradine RIP

CNN and others are reporting that David Carradine has been found dead in his Bangkok hotel room. Unconfirmed reports are that it was a suicide.

This is very strange news for me. In the early seventies David's character on the TV series "Kung Fu" had a pretty profound effect on my spirit and somehow the thought of suicide doesn't connect. I know was well as the next person that David Carradine was not Kwai Chang Caine just like I know Leonard Nimoy was not Spock but somehow the mental connection with the actor and character just presents some irreconncilable issues. I think I will just remember the David Carradine who made an impression on a struggling psyche and not the David Carradine who was so troubled that he considered taking his own life.

Peace be with you Grasshopper.

No comments: