Saturday, June 22, 2013

Not So bad

Well the surgery wasn't too bad. In and out in just 4 hours. Just some tenderness and slowness this morning but I have had to take the Percoset. Belly button is black and blue, of course, but it is not bad. Not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds for the next two weeks. I was concerned that I couldn't get to the garden as beans were ready to be picked and the squash and cukes are coming in faster and faster. Fortunately I have two very good friends, Carmen and Kelly, who garden and live just down the road who came over and picked everything last night so I don't have to worry for a couple of days and I should be able to do a little of that myself in a couple of day as long as I don't get any 10 pound zucchini's or load my basket too much.I took a week off from the Depot and don't have to go in until next Saturday by which time I should be in good shape.

I hope everyone celebrated Litha (Summer Solstice) appropriately and had a better time than I. Then again I guess having to go under the knife on such a power day wasn't such a bad thing. Everyone enjoy your summer and if you are a gardener, much bounty, good rain and few bugs.

No comments: