Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Shame,Shame

I have to admit I am ashamed of ExxonMobil. Yeah, I know I am a slow learner. I bought shares of the company in my small self directed 401K back when it was just Exxon and I have held on to them for over 10 years. I am now fully convinced that I need to dump them even though they are making me money and are one of the few investments outside of Starbucks to do so.

The parade of slime financed by ExxonMobil continuing to attack Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" hit another new low today with an attack from Sterling Burnett on Faux. Burnett is a whore from the National Center for Policy Analysis, an organization that has received over $390,000 from ExxonMobil since 1998.

Here are a few sentences from the attack...
That’s the problem. If I thought Al Gore’s movie was as you like to say, fair
and balanced, I’d say, everyone should go see it. But why go see propaganda? You
don’t go see Joseph Goebbels’ films to see the truth about Nazi Germany. You
don’t go see Al Gore’s films to see the truth about global warming.

Burnett has the gall to compare watching Al Gore’s movie, An Inconvenient Truth, to watching a movie by Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels to learn about Nazi Germany. This is really too much. The whole ugly thing can be seen on Think Progress' website. These guys really have no shame. I really hate to be forced into shooting myself in the foot on this but Jeebus you can only ignore so much.

No comments: