Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Something Fishy

The first thing I see when I get off the plane in Phoenix is CNN reporting that 1,500 troops are being moved from Kuwait into Iraq's Anbar province in the west of Iraq. Meanwhile, other sources such as the WaPo and NYT put it at either 3,500, or a full brigade.

I think a key question we should be asking is what another 1,000 or 3,000 Amercican soldiers are going to accomplish that 130,000 haven't managed to do so far. I think this is a very, very bad omen for the conflict in Iraq. If we need additional troops in this number in Anbar province and Ramadi in particular then we haven't been told the whole story and things are going from bad to worse.

I haven't had time to read or research as I am at the client this afternoon. This just feels bad and maybe I can get a better take on it this evening at the hotel.

No comments: