Sunday, May 21, 2006

Travel Day tomorrow

Off to the wilds of Arizona early tomorrow morning. Will be in Phoenix for the next four weeks with a client. Home on the weekends though. Not looking forward to it. I used to work for a company headquartered in Phoenix and this time of year is when it is starting to get really, really hot. Triple digits hot. The only positive thing about flying this week is that it will put me over the top on the miles needed to maintain Platinum status on Delta. I am not sure but this may be the earliest in a year I have hit the 75K mile mark...before the end of May no less. How do you say traveling too much?

Spent another weekend trying to get the old homestead back in shape. This weekend was trying to so something about all the damage done when the septic tank had to be dug up along with all the piping going into it. Didn't look so hard but it took all weekend and required moving quite a bit of dirt one shovel full at a time. Excercised some muscles I had forgotten about. Anyway looks good and now all we need is a truckload of gravel to repair the path that goes back to the garden.

This task did force me to drag out my old Troy-Bilt Horse and get it running. Required a complete dis-assembly of the carb to clean out the varnish from letting gas sit in it for a couple of years. I have had this tiller since the late seventies and it is still going strong (when I do my part). Now that I have it running I am sorely tempted to till up the old garden which I haven't done in 6 or so years. Traveling so much makes keeping a garden impossible but I sure do enjoy it and nothing will ever replace your first homegrown tomato or ear of corn. I am now reduced to having someone mow my lawn to the tune of $40 a week...oh the shame of it. I might just till up the garden and plant something for the wildlife or just wildflowers.

So anyway... traveling tomorrow and no guarantees as to posts here. Just because I don't have time to post doesn't mean I don't appreciate the folks who stop by here and especially those that step in an comment.

No comments: