Friday, August 11, 2006

Great Expectations - Dashed

Talk about failing to meet expectations! I was expecting a travel day from hell today and it was one of the smoothest I have had in a while. This is going between the two busiest airports in the world the day after the TSA changed all the rules and thunderstorms disrupting traffic across the eastern seaboard.

Since I gave a lift to the airport to two of the client team I was early. My flight was scheduled at 720p and I was at the airport at 330p. I checked with Delta and my flight was already scheduled late and not departing until probably 9p but they said they could get me on the 550p which was on time and since I was holding a first class ticket and I am a Platinum traveler I had priority. Long story short... first class on the 550p flight ontime and early into Atlanta and now home by 1030p. I was expecting to be back in Atlanta by midnite best case.

No hassles with security and no long wait..there were five people ahead of me. I was expecting to be able to whine and complain about all the crap and delays and now I am frustrated. They could have at least lost my luggage. Some days it just doesn't pay to be a worry whort.

Serious now. Everyone is checking luggage now. A lot of people used to carry on but this is not happening now and therefore the luggage claim is a zoo. Those familiar with Atlanta will understand what I mean when I say you couldn't even push your way through to the carousels as there were at least a thousand people waiting for luggage tonight at 10p. Allow some extra time at the destination to claim you bags.

No comments: