Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Still Punk

Still fighting this damn cold. It's a struggle to work up enough spit to do anything and there is mountains of stuff to do. That not withstanding I just went out and bought two flats of pansies for the beds at the end of the driveway. I was feeling poor last year so I didn't plant anything in the fall out there not anything in the spring and they have looked miserable for a year as a result. So I have the two beds to prepare, pansies to plant, lettuce and spinach to transplant in the greenhouse, chard to move to the garden, garden to finish cleaning up, the meager crop of sweet potatoes to dig and much, much more. That and sniffling, blowing my nose and coughing from post nasal drip. However, the weather is brilliant even though they have now declared that we are in minor drought conditions and no rain is forecast anywhere in the near term. The nights are cool and lots of sunshine during the day. It could be a lot worse.

No comments: