Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Helpful Hint

Updated below:

Don't ever call Bank of America Customer Service with the expectation of talking to an actual human unless you are a master at remembering looonnng lists of options. I actually heard one I had never heard before...when the robot got to the press 6 option and that was press 9 if you want to hear more options! I lost track of how many levels of robot-attendant I went through but it seemed like a hundred. I finally got to a human who was very efficient and handled a missing transfer quickly and efficiently. Don't these companies realize what an irritation this is? I actually went to the bank in person yesterday to try and resolve this minor issue and was told that since it was done online they couldn't help me and I would have to call the online people...and don't bother outside of between 2 and 3 pm or otherwise the wait times are horrendous.

Please don't get me started on calling the cable company to report a problem and the robot starts walking through a set of diagnostics...it make me insane. I am sure there must be a series of tones that will allow a pass but I haven't discovered them yet. Then again maybe they just wait for the sound of a head exploding and then hang up.

Updated: Andante has posted a link in the comments for all of us irritated by IVR.

No comments: