Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nothing Much

Some pretty severe weather rolled through the metro Atlanta area last night. I escaped any serious damage but just a mile away it sure likes something very close to a tornado did some pretty good work. Lots of rain and wind. It has now stopped raining and we just have the wind. Parts of the Metro area got a pretty good whack. This is very unusual for February...just saying.

Nothing much else going on. I'm getting ready for my next engagement which most unfortunately is going to be starting up in a couple of weeks and in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. I asked for the gig in Palermo but the European guys kept it for themselves. I think it is pretty selfish.

I'm kind of disgusted with the Democratic primary right now and the behavior of some of the progressive blogs. It is OK to like or even endorse a favorite candidate but some of these people are wigging out. I'll leave the whole story to skippy, Frederick, Dave and Bryan. I'll stay quiet on this one except to say that I was a whole lot more excited about the potential for change when Edwards was in the game and I can't help but feel I am going to be forced to support someone who I think is the second or even third best person for President. I can't seem to shake the feeling that with either Hillary or Obama we are getting some flavor of Republican light. I hope I am proved wrong. I wanted a revolution and it now looks like a spit ball fight...if that.

To steal a thought from Joe Bageant ...
I am beginning to feel like I have a ringside seat at the twilight of America show or maybe even civilization. It is nice to know, however, that here and at some other blogs I have someone to talk to as the show plays out.

No comments: