Sunday, November 08, 2009

HRC Passes the House

So we got a health care bill through the house. This is the first time since Medicare that Congress has passed any major health care reform. Not a great bill but considering all of the special interests and lobbying by Big Pharma, insurance providers and others it is sufficient for the day. The pro-choice people sacrificed themselves for the greater good it seems, but there is still reconciliation to be done and who knows what will happen if and when the dysfunctional Senate passes their own version. I am a proponent of single payer but for the time being I can live with what is done so far.

Oh, and my Congressman Tom Price was a bigger dickhead than usual during the proceedings and I will tell him so the next time I see him or his wife(our new city council woman).

No comments: