Monday, October 24, 2005

West Coasting

Here we are in beautiful Fremont (not). Not sure what the story is here but this particular part of the bay area is rather desolate. The Marriott here just sort of sits in the middle of nowhere just off I880. I can see a MickeyDee's from my window on the 6th floor but that is about it. A couple of other hotels nearby but nothing else.
Just into the room and turned on CNN looking to see what has been happening. So far nothing but Wilma coverage so I don't have the dope on the Plame affair.
I forget how bad the traffic can be here. The commute from Sunnyvale (Moffett) is along 237 to 880 and at 6pm it is very busy and basically 10-15 mph for the 10 -15 miles to Fremont. Then again you can say the same for spots in Metro Atlanta.
They just covered the fact that Rosa Parks has passed away. She made a difference which is more than many of us will be able to say. Rock on Rosa.

No comments: