Thursday, December 22, 2005

Off for Christmas

Off bright and early this morning for "Wet and Wild" West Virginia to spend the Christmas holiday with Mom. I say West Virginia but my Mom actually lives in Virginia but if you miss the turn to the town off the main highway the next place to turn is in West Virginia. Car is loaded with food, wine and other stuff so off we go. Going to stop for the night in Asheville and see the Biltmore house all decorated for Christmas. I wouldn't normally spend $44 a piece for tickets to see Christmas decorations but periodically Madam Fallenmonk must be humored. Using Marriott points (which I have a ton off) for the hotel so at least that is not costing me anything. It does break the trip in half which is my consolation.
Talked with Mom yesterday morning and was a nipple pointing 9 degrees but at least no snow. I've been caught a few times with snow over the holidays and it is not easy escaping from the mountains when that happens. My Hyundai XG350 has new tires and front wheel drive and handles pretty well in ice and snow but not even Jeeps can always negotiate some of the hills when it is icy. The mountains are really pretty in the snow and being trapped for a day or so is not a disaster anyway. My Mom lives along Wolf Creek right before it empties into the New River and it is quite nice.
I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday, whatever you choose to call it. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed that the holidays are peaceful and that the coming year will bring us back towards our Amerian ideals. Love and Peace can win the day.
No idea what kind of Internet availability I will have so I will see you when I see you.

Merry Christmas,
Fallenmonk

No comments: