Sunday, December 25, 2005

Too Much

Merry Christmas. Turned on the laptop this fine, but raining, Christmas morning and it turns out one of my mother's close neighbors has an unguarded wireless network and here I am. I know I am stealing someone's bandwidth but they must want to share so I feel only a little guilty.

Anyhow, I made my quick tour around and hit Digby, of course, and what do I find but something about the Feds searching for radiological signatures around Moslem places like mosques and stuff. There is a reference to Glenn Greenwald's blog where he makes the convincing argument that this is just another smokescreen to try and take the heat off the NSA thing.

I think both Glenn and Digby are right and that the administration is going to the well a little too often on the dirty bomb business. People are just beginning to accept the premise that the terrorists are out there and we will just have to deal with it.

Looks like they need another fear trigger(fnord) to condition us with.

No comments: