Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cold Snap

Just when I get everything going in the greenhouse the weather up and does a turn around. Spent a good while today moving everything back into the basement on hurriedly set up benches and rigged lighting. It will have to do for a few days while the night temperatures fall below freezing. Actually, I can keep the greenhouse warm enough if the temps don't fall too low but I'm trying to germinate seeds and that takes warmer instead of cooler. Still haven't started the tomatoes yet but all the peppers are up and growing so that's something. I've also got a good little stand of broccoli and cabbage going that should be able to go into the garden in a couple of weeks. Progress.

I did get one great gift from Mother Nature yesterday. I saw a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers in the woods behind the house  which was special.

No comments: