Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bad Blogger

I know I am being a slug about the blog but I seem to always be in a crunch for time. The hours here are tough and even the commute to the client from the hotel is painful. It is at least 45 minutes by company bus with a nice healthy walk on either end. I was hoping to have some good pictures to post but it is just light in the morning when we head out and dark when we leave.
I have noted some things that are interesting/different about the Japanese. They are very rule driven and regimented in many ways. One example is cross walks. Almost all crosswalks are equipped with walk/don't walk signals and regardless of the traffic nobody crosses the street against the signal. Another example was last night as we walked to dinner and a fire engine with lights and siren going was stopped for a red light...very odd.
One very good thing I noted the other night after dinner with the client was that there was a driver waiting to drive him home from the restaurant. Seems that there is a service that you can use that will supply a driver to get you home if you plan on having alcohol at dinner. They drive your car (with white gloves on) and there is a car following to pick up the driver when he is finished. Very sensible.
Now that I have interrupted my morning routine to feed the blog beast I will put on my pants and get to work. Oh! Sorry for that image.

No comments: