Friday, September 23, 2005

Meandering

I know it has been rather quiet over here and I really don't have a specific reason. Maybe it is everything combined. I am half a world away and while I do have Intenet access at night and on the weekends in Tokyo I am 180 degrees out of phase with the rest of the blogosphere. I'm tired of being here now and while the overall the trip is a success professionally it was/is not rewarding emotionally. While the client does speak some English it is not great and my ear for foriegn language is poor so I struggle to communicate and understand. I have a justifiable fear that I am missing a lot of nuance. Two more days at the client to wrap up and then I can head home. Maybe I won't feel so helpless about everything going on with Iraq, Katrina, Rita and Roberts once I am back on the same side of the world.
I must say that everyone is doing a great job and reading everyone's blogs does help me feel I am still part of the real world.

No comments: