Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Holy Moly! Cat 5 and Getting Stronger

All you people anywhere near the projected path of this monster better be prepared and if you can get the hell out of her way because Rita is going to be a monster by the time she hits land. She is already a Category 5 with winds of 165 mph and she is just going to get stronger. I sure can't remember anytime in my 56 years of living in the Southeast when we have had two such storms back to back. From weather.com

Hurricane Rita's rapid intensification cycle that began Tuesday afternoon continues. Top winds are up to 165 mph, now a category 5 hurricane. Even as a large and extremely intense category 5 hurricane, further strengthening is possible as the atmosphere remains favorable for development over the next 24 hours.


I hope everyone makes it through this one. We're thinking of you. While selfish, I can't imagine what it would be like for my wife to have to deal with something like this while I am so far away and I am glad this thing is not headed for Atlanta.

No comments: