Friday, March 31, 2006

Almost Synched

Here we are at 10pm in Lyon and I am still awake...no qwerty on my forehead. Just got back to the hotel after dinner. One of my favourite little bistros and within walking distance from the hotel. I am officially in Lyon now as I have had my crevelles du canut which is probably my favourite thing in the pantheon of good food to be had in Lyon. Creme fraiche with garlic, herbs etc served at the end of dinner. Sounds weird but it is ambrosia to me. I always know I am officially here when I have my first bowl. The next milestone will be steak tartare. I had the salade Lyonnaise last night so the trinity is almost complete.

I haven't had a chance to look around and see what is happening in the world so I won't have any political blogging tonight.

SDid send my first laundry out this morning and it always surprises my. three undershorts and shirts, three dress shirts, two trousers and 3 pairs of socks. 72 Euro or about a hundred bucks U.S. at the current exchange rate. Ouch! At some point you have to measure replacement costs into the formulae and I am not sure we are getting the best value by having the skivvies cleaned.

Well that is enough meandering chatter for now. I will now try and surf around a little before hitting the sack. No guarantees though as I did have a half litre of wine with dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving the theme/design of your
weblog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog audience have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

my web page Please visit my site