Monday, March 06, 2006

Memphis Monday

Up bright and early here in Memphis. Nice trip up via Birmingham and Tupelo and an absolutely gorgeous day to travel. The new car performed up to expectations and I have to say that Hyundai has done a great job with the new Azera. I get the chance to drive a lot of different cars as much as I travel and rent and the new wheels don't have anyone to apologize to. The new 3.8 L engine and redone suspension make you feel like you are driving an expensive Euro touring car in the BMW 525 or Audi A4 class. I made a good choice.

Off this morning with our English friends for their first visit to Graceland to be overdosed on Elvis. It is, of course, just another trip for me but I'll be good and make sure they get the full treatment. As I mentioned in an earlier post one of my "things" about Memphis is the great BBQ and I can't say I am not disappointed not to be able to share my passion and knowledge of some the best food in the nation with my vegan friends. C'est la vie! I will be back though. Corky's ribs are almost as good as mine and I don't have to spend all day tending them which counts for something.

BTW I am happy to see my choice for best actress won last night. I just love Reese Witherspoon and she did a marvelous job in "Walk the Line".

Light posting for the next couple of days as we'll seeing the sights of Memphis today. Beyond Graceland there is Sun Studios, The Rock and Soul Museum, Gibson Guitars and other stuff to see and do. I will have to be careful though as Memphis has the distinct honor of being the place I got the only speeding ticket in my 40 years of driving (45 in a 40 zone..$35). I did get it on Elvis Presley Blvd so there was something to be said for it.

No comments: