Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Success

Well the "Dinner from the Garden" event was a big success. All of the feedback was very positive and even though a lot of work I had fun. I was very pleased that there were many trips back for seconds on my green beans and okra and tomatoes and potato salad. A number of people who said they didn't really care for okra wanted the recipe for the okra and tomatoes.

Madam sold all of the little baskets of product she had prepared though they went so fast I think they might have been under priced at $3.50. Each had a very large heirloom tomato, yellow pear tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and an assortment of peppers for color. We had absolutely perfect weather upper 70's, nice breeze and low humidity. We should have charged extra for that.

Now we just have to recover. Two days and an evening standing and cooking is hard on these old knees. I still have to do a little cooking today as there is unused corn to blanch and freeze, more tomatoes to can and the weekly bread baking to do but I'll sit some in between. It's also another glorious day with a high maybe in the low 80's. Very nice for the middle of July.

No comments: